Communication Skills Training - 1 day course
To some degree, your future success depends upon your ability to communicate.
You need to be more clear, accurate, convincing and confident.
On this course you will learn how to:
- Communicate your message with more clarity, and persuasion.
- Make your communications more specific.
- Use humour to your advantage.
- Communicate your own goals.
- Ask the right questions.
- Speak and write more accurately, by giving clear definitions.
- Speak in more optimistic terms.
- Give constructive, not destructive criticism.
- Seek solutions to problems.
- Avoid accidental "negative commands" such as, "Don't panic!"
- Handle difficult people with greater ease.
- Distinguish between "a fact" and "an opinion".
- Proper use of your body language.
- Proper use of your voice tones.
- Ensure that you always give praise and appreciation.
Bespoke In House Training
This course is also available as an in house group training course in the UK and worldwide. We can tailor the content to fit your specific needs.
Would you like to contact us?
Group training costs from £1,850 +VAT (plus trainer's B&B) per day for up to 20 delegates
Download in-house prospectus here
One Day open training course: £435 +VAT per delegate.
Our next open course is in 4 days, ✔ there are still places available. Would you like to book online now or see more available dates?
We currently offer open courses in: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Heathrow, Central London, Oxford, Bristol, Nottingham and Glasgow, Scotland.
Please note all our training courses include three months additional FREE telephone coaching.
Course Timings: Start 09:00 - Finish 16:30. Lunch at 13:00, Tea Breaks at 11:00 and 15:00, giving you an opportunity to check emails and make calls.
Take our training needs analysis questionnaire to see if this course is suitable for you
Free Telephone Consultation service for buyers
If you are a manager who is trying to figure out how to take the results from your organisations staff appraisal and training needs, and turn them into a coherent set of training courses, that will meet these needs, in as efficient a manner as possible, then we can help you with our free service.
Who should attend the course?
You should attend this communication skills training course, if you:
- Say to yourself "I know what I mean but I can’t explain it"
- Need to set clear goals and targets for others to achieve
- Need to be able to transfer information accurately
- Believe that problems are often caused by miscommunication
- Need to explain your exact meaning to others
- Need to handle difficult people and conflict
- Want more confidence in expressing your ideas
Benefits of the communication skills training course
The benefits of the communication skills course are:
- You will feel more confident to express your ideas and opinions.
- You will get the best possible results from interviews and important meetings of all kinds.
- You will avoid all the perils and costs of badly worded messages and mis-understandings.
- You will feel happier to handle situations where you need to criticise other people.
Training course content: Found all of the content extremely helpful in me moving forward as a Team Leader and a person, outside work. Trainer's presentation: Chris presented brilliantly. Everything was clearly explained and made sure everyone was on the same page etc. Very helpful.
About the Communication Skills Course
Out of ten, how would you rank your personal communication skills?
Would you agree that you could improve your communication skills?
And if you improved your communication skills, would you benefit from that improvement?
Communication is the art of transferring your ideas, your information and your emotions into the minds of others.
Some people say to themselves, “I know what I mean but I can’t explain it”. So, if you want help to express your message with more clarity and confidence, then this course is right for you.
In addition, if you want help with handling difficult people; or if you feel you need some help dealing with unpleasant situations, then this course is especially right for you.This communication course will give you the exact methods you need to communicate with more clarity and confidence.
Communication Skills Training Course Content
Communication Skills Course AM
How can you develop your communication skills in order to get the best from yourself and others?
You need to develop your communication skills in the following ways. You need to know:
- How to communicate your goals - Your goals need to be expressed in clear and unambiguous terms.
- How to use numbers to gain accuracy - You can gain clarity by using numbers. Using numbers is the easiest way to improve the quantitative nature of your language.
- The use (and misuse) of humour at work - Some people use humour in the wrong way. They use humour in destructive ways. We need to distinguish between the correct and the incorrect use of humour.
- How to explain your ideas - Some people have difficulty explaining their ideas, verbally. They cannot turn their mental images into language. You need to be able to translate your thoughts into clear, defined language. We will give you the method to do this.
- How to improve your listening skills (how to pick out the exact meaning of their message) - Listening is the art of picking out the important things and remembering them. We will show you how to improve your listening skills.
- How to handle a negative cynic - Sometimes criticism is a good thing. And sometimes criticism is a bad thing, it all depends how the message is worded. We will help you to distinguish between constructive criticism (the good thing) and cynicism, (the bad thing).
- The use of affirmative language - It is not enough to tell people what you won’t, or can’t do and why, (negative language). You must in addition tell people what you will do, can do. (Affirmative language).
Practical exercises for the delegates to learn skills
Communication Skills Course PM
When there is tension or conflict, then it is important to make your communication clear, accurate, assertive and non-emotional. We will discuss how to develop a rational approach to conflict management.
How to give assertive constructive criticism
- How to use a rational, not emotional approach to constructive criticism and conflict
- How to use factual language to criticise - Factual language is objective language.
- How to prepare your message in advance - Don’t just say anything. Plan your words carefully.
- How to formulate a solution to the problem or difficult situation - You need to figure out a solution that is rational under the circumstances, and therefore more likely to obtain an agreement.
- If the person says NO to your proposal, then you need to know how to distinguish "reasons" from "excuses" for not doing something.
- Know when to compromise (and when not to) - Compromise is sometimes the right thing to do, and sometimes it is the worst thing you could do. We will discuss when to compromise and when not to.
- The difference between assertive, aggressive and passive communication - You need to be assertive, not aggressive.
- Notes on body language and proper voice tone - You need to master your own posture, eye contact, facial expression and gestures. In addition, you must master your own voice volume, pitch and speed of delivery.
- The proper use of praise and appreciation - The absence of appreciation is the cause of many conflicts. We will discuss the need for effective praise and appreciation.
- How to maintain your self control and confidence -Don’t say just anything that comes into your mind. Think it through before you speak or before you react or before you write the email.
Practical exercises for the delegates to learn skills
Final Summary and Close
The Training Method
The training method follows this general pattern - the training is very interactive and interesting:
- The trainer gives a clear explanation of the point in question with specific examples.
- Then, the delegates practice by doing an exercise with each other.
- The delegates practice by doing exercise with the trainer.
- All points are supported with full written notes to take away.
- Delegates are asked to write down an associated action, for each point made.
- (At the end of the day, we have about twenty such actions, from which the delegates choose six which are the most personally meaningful).
Note: we do not believe in placing people in any situation of embarrassment by demanding that they 'perform' in front of the whole group. So you can relax: come on this course and be at ease; ready to learn new skills!
Training course content: Content was well thought out and met our objectives. Trainer's presentation: Very good indeed, I enjoyed the exercises and supporting stories/examples.
Price for open training course
You are able to book this course online today.
The open training course costs only £435 +VAT per delegate . For this price we provide:
- Full days quality training
- Tea, coffee and cakes
- Full colour course notes
- Written action plan
- Access to the Post Course Portal:
- Audio download of 'The Effective Leader Manager' programme
- Free eBook 'The Effective Leader Manager'
- Free training needs analysis, with personalised development action plan based upon results
Plus 3 months free telephone coaching
To answer any on-going questions, you will also receive email and telephone support from your trainer after you have attended the course. Whilst you are implementing what you have learned we will be there to help you if you need us for advice, guidance and coaching.
Price for in house training course
In House Course: from £1,850 +VAT (plus trainer's B&B) per day for up to 20 delegates (download in-house prospectus)
Please call us on +44 1452 856091 to discuss your requirements for the in house training course.
If you want to know more about any Management Training Course or their suitability for you or a colleague call us on +44 1452 856091.