Time Management Training - 1 day open course
Course Pricing and Availability
Also Available:- In House Training
This course is also available as a bespoke in house group training course in the UK and worldwide. We can tailor the content to fit your specific needs.
Would you like to contact us?
Group training costs from £1,850 +VAT per day for up to 20 delegates (international training price varies).
In-house training proposal
One Day open training course: £435 +VAT per delegate.
Our next open course is tomorrow, ✔ there are still places available. Would you like to book online now or see all course dates?
We currently offer training courses in: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Heathrow, Central London, Oxford, Swindon, Bristol, Leeds, Nottingham, Southampton, Glasgow, Scotland, Dubai, UAE, Paris, Brussels and Berlin.
Please note all our training courses include three months additional FREE telephone coaching.
Course Timings: Start 09:00 - Finish 16:30. Lunch at 13:00, Tea Breaks at 11:00 and 15:00, giving you an opportunity to check emails and make calls.
6 trainer-led hours, additional 2-3 via post-course portal independent learning
About this Time Management Course
Do you need help with your time management skills?
Do you find that you are often very busy, but don’t always make enough progress?
So you’re on line looking for a good time management course that will show you exactly how to make more progress in less time.
This informative time management and personal effectiveness course will show you precisely how to improve your personal productivity by dropping any bad habits and replacing them with new time management skills.
Actually, time management training is not one thing, instead it is the sum of many subset skills including; proper planning, prioritising, preparation, prevention, organisation and delegation.
Remember that “failing to plan is planning to fail”. Failing to plan ahead, or prioritise and organise your work is a recipe for disaster.
You will really like this time management and personal effectiveness course because you will learn everything you need to know to make vast improvements in your ability to get more done, in less time.
Book your place on this excellent course today.
Who should attend the course?
If you need to:
- Get the most value from every hour at work
- Work to tight deadlines
- Work intelligently in a sometimes chaotic environment
- Work with people who sometimes occupy your time without adding value to your day.
- Find yourself having a “busy but non-productive day”.
- Find yourself being too easily distracted by non-important things
- If you have trouble with the sheer volume of work that you have to do.
- If you have a boss that interferes too much with your day.
- If you tend to spread yourself too thinly across too many tasks simultaneously, and therefore make little progress on them, instead of remaining more focused on a restricted number of high value tasks and making good progress on the most important things.
If any, or all, of these statements apply to you: then you would definitely benefit from attending this time management training course.
Benefits of this time/emotional management course
Our time management training course will help you to become:
- More productive but less busy
- More organised
- Less stressed
- More motivated
Time Management Course Overview
This popular course will help you to correctly manage your time in the real-world.
You will learn how to handle the people and situations that waste your time.
Day One - Morning
- Distinguish between "busy work" and "productive work".
- Identify people who waste your time; and what you can do about it.
- Prioritise your work, so you always get the most important things done.
- Avoid procrastination and concentrate on the most valuable tasks.
- Use SMART targets to aid in your time management.
- Delegate the right task, to the right person, for the right reasons.
- Identify your own personal, time-saving tips.
- Resist being distracted off topic; how to keep your mind focused onto the task at hand.
- Recognise the work-systems that waste your time, and what you can do about them.
- Apply the 80–20 rule to your own time management.
- Solve problems more quickly and effectively.
- Handle interruptions quickly, without causing any offence to the listener.
Day One - Afternoon
- Personal effectiveness training
- Improve your productivity by managing your mood.
- Maintain a positive mental attitude.
- Manage yourself so that you never run out of energy.
- Keep office conversations on productive, rather than non-productive topics.
- Use the continuous improvement cycle: Plan, Action, Feedback, Change.
- How to use feedback to improve results.
- How to make the future better than the past.
- Develop a personal action to take away.
The course content was fascinating, useful and concise. The trainer's presentation was engaging, interesting, funny, inspirational, knowledgeable, respectful, friendly, energetic, highly intelligent and draws on startlingly broad frames of reference.
Time Management and Personal Effectiveness Course Content
Time Management Training AM
What is the most VALUABLE use of your time right now?
Use the two principles of 'deadline pressure' and 'value' as key indicators
Four types of activity
- Q1 - Crisis Zone
- Q2 - Productive Zone
- Q3 - Busy Zone
- Q4 - Fruitless Zone
Most people spend their time working in Q1 crisis and Q3 busy-work, chasing their tight deadlines. They fail to do enough Q2 planning and prep-work; thus they sow the seeds for a fresh crop of Q1 crises. This process becomes a self-reinforcing, negative cycle.
Distinguish between being 'busy' and being 'productive'
Your most hated enemy - the 'busy' but 'non-productive' day. (Ever had one?)
Time management goal - to maximise your time in Q2 productive zone, by managing your Q3 busy work, and minimize your time on Q4 fruitless tasks
How to win - Handle the big three time wasters
- Other people - who waste your time
- Your own bad habits - where you waste your own time
- Poor or nonexistent management systems - that waste everyone's time!
Win through delegation
- Good reasons to delegate
- Bad reasons to delegate
- How to delegate
- Why people who should delegate - don't delegate
Win through better prioritisation
Manage your priorities by means of a decision matrix.
Answer the question - What is the most valuable use of my time right now?
Three types of decision matrix
- 'Which one / what kind?' decisions
- 'Yes / no?' decisions - 'Should we / should we not?' decisions
- 'What order is it?' decisions
Manage interruptions by means of the 80 / 20 principle
- The Pareto time management principle states that 80% of the value comes from 20% of the causes
- 80% of the value of the interruption will be in 20% or less of what they say
- Manage the interruption using the 'Pareto question'
The law of diminishing returns
More is NOT better
To map out the problem, list the causes and identify the solutions.
Time management tips
Fifty one-line tips of time management advice in the form of a questionnaire. Example: Do you tidy up as you go, or do you leave a trail of destruction?
Commitment to implement the most personally relevant parts of the material
Practical exercises for the delegates to learn skills
The course content was very useful, exactly what I was looking for. Encouraged thought and methods to take back to the work place. The trainer's presentation was very clear, Chris not only delivers the training but stands behind his methods and believes in the content.
Personal Effectiveness Training PM
Create and sustain a Positive Mental Attitude
Positive mental attitude training and how it affects tangible results
Your productivity is dependent on the quality of your actions.
The qualities of your actions are dependent, to a degree, on how you feel.
- If you feel motivated and strong, then you work well and are more productive.
- If you feel demotivated and weak, then you don’t work well and are not very productive.
Attitude affects your results.
Thoughts create emotions, which lead to actions and results. Look at the diagram.
If you can manage how you feel, then you can improve your productivity.
If you cannot manage your own feelings, then you won’t be able to improve your productivity.
Too much time is wasted in negative talk.
Manage the content of your conversation and direct it towards only positive outcomes.
Manage the content of your conversation and direct is away from excessive fear, anger and upset.
How to manage the conversation so that the office atmosphere is productive.
Your feelings affect your results because your feelings affect your actions,
- Positive mental attitude. How it works.
- Positive mental attitude Techniques.
- Manage your own mind. (Do not allow your thoughts or language to be become destructive)
- How to manage your stress, mood and energy levels.
- How to manage the stress, mood and energy levels of the team.
Learn the EDISON success formula
- Know your outcome
- Formulate your best plan in writing
- Take decisive action
- Gather and evaluate the feedback. Both positive and negative
- Make progress by continually adapting and evolving
- Recognise that the success formula is a continuous process
Avoid the opposite: How to fail...
- Indecision or unclear targets
- No written plan - wing it
- Procrastination – put it off
- Become too disheartened in the face of setbacks and disappointments
- Stand still. Do the same thing this year as you did last year
Practical exercises for the delegates to learn skills
Final Summary of the Time Management Course
How will this training help you to get the best from yourself and others?
Summary / action planning / close
The Training Method
The training method follows this general pattern - the training is very interactive and interesting:
- The trainer gives a clear explanation of the point in question with specific examples.
- Then, the delegates practice by doing an exercise with each other.
- The delegates practice by doing an exercise with the trainer.
- All points are supported with full written notes to take away.
- Delegates are asked to write down an associated action, for each point made.
(At the end of the day, we have about twenty such actions, from which the delegates choose six which are the most personally meaningful).
Note: we do not believe in placing people in any situation of embarrassment by demanding that they 'perform' in front of the whole group. So you can relax: come on this course and be at ease; ready to learn new skills!
The course content was excellent and will be very useful with our current merger. The trainer presentation was very good. Great use of the modules, with NO powerpoint. Plenty of grounding and examples.
Price for open training course
You are able to book this course online today.
The open training course costs only £435 +VAT per delegate . For this price we provide:
- Full day of quality training
- Tea, coffee and cakes
- Full colour course notes
- Written action plan
- Additional training material by means of monthly updates
- Access to the Post Course Portal
Plus 3 months free telephone coaching
To answer any on-going questions, you will also receive email and telephone support from your trainer after you have attended the course. Whilst you are implementing what you have learned we will be there to help you if you need us for advice, guidance and coaching.
After the course, how can you to keep the training-momentum going?
We understand that it is important to keep the momentum of the training going, in the weeks after the course. The ideas and methods that you learnt during the course need to be implemented, not just for the two weeks after the course, but for all time!
In order to make that happen, we will give you continued, on-going support after the training course has finished. The support comes in the form of the Post Course Portal.
The Post Course Portal is a web page that contains a review of all the course material, plus the following:
- Newsletters containing training blogs and articles, which will provide you with ongoing training and good ideas, whenever you need them.
- Fun questionnaires that are designed to tease out your strengths and weaknesses and then give you ideas as to how you might improve your performance.
- Decision matrices that will allow you to make decisions and prioritise tasks into the correct order.
- Summary diagrams and mind maps from the course.
- Conflict scripts that give you examples of how the conflict method can be used, in real life situations.
- Free eBook the effective leader manager.
Free Telephone Consultation service for buyers
If you are a manager who is trying to figure out how to take the results from your organisations staff appraisal and training needs, and turn them into a coherent set of training courses, that will meet these needs, in as efficient a manner as possible, then we can help you with our free service.
Price for in house training course
In House Course: from £1,850 +VAT per day (international training price varies) for up to 20 delegates (download in-house prospectus)
Please call us on +44 020 3856 3008 to discuss your requirements for the in house training course.
If you want to know more about any Management Training Course or their suitability for you or a colleague call us on +44 020 3856 3008.
Time Management Training Course Quiz
View this page on your computer to complete the quiz!