Posted 04 March 2016 by Chris Farmer
Personal Development Courses
We offer both:
• Bespoke in-house training.These can be tailored to your specific needs.
• Open training courses at locations near you.
Develop Your Mind, Body and Spirit
If you want things to get better, YOU need to get better.
If you work on yourself to improve your mind, your body and your spirit, then those improvements in yourself will be the catalyst for improvements in your outside circumstances.
Many people would love to see an improvement in their outside circumstances, but they don't want to make any improvements to themselves.
They just don't realise their outside circumstances are, to a degree, a product of their own actions, (or inactions). If you wish for a change in environment, then that change can only come from three sources.
- You could change things and make them the way you would like them.
- You could wait for other people to change things to the way you would like them.
- You could wait for Random Chance to operate in your favour and arrange things the way you like them.
But, you could wait a very long time for other people or blind chance to give you what you want.
NO. The best way forward is to rely on your own self, to make things better for you and your family.
And, if you want to make your own life better, you will need to work on three things: Your mind, Your body and Your spirit.
1. Work to improve your mind
Your mind is your main means of success.
If you make quick and accurate decisions based on a logical evaluation of all the available evidence, then your life will be wonderful.
But, if you make bad decisions based on some instinctive reactions to rumours, prejudices, guesses and fearful imaginings, then your life will be woeful.
So please take some time to develop your mind. Learn these three laws of logic.
- Facts are facts: irrespective of whether you like them or not, know them or not, agree with them or not. Facts don't disappear merely because you refuse to accept them.
- Every effect has causes. You need to know and use the law of cause and effect.
- Learn the basic form of reasoning. Three-line reasoning where you can explain a fact by referring it to a broader principle.
If anyone continually eats too much sugar, then they will risk diabetes. Sam continually eats too much sugar. Therefore, Sam is at risk of diabetes.
Successful people live by the laws of logic. If you want to be successful, then learn the laws of logic.
2.Work to improve your body
You are a physical, electro-chemical bio-organism. If you are to remain with us here on planet Earth, your physical structures need proper maintenance.
Your physical body needs:
- Good nutrition.
- The right amount of sleep
- Proper exercise.
If you want to improve your life and levels of energy, then think about:
- Improving your diet.
- Going to bed on time.
- Doing some form of physical training.
3.Work to improve your spirit
By spirit, I mean your state of mind. Your emotional states. In order to be happy ,healthy and productive you need to keep your spirits, UP.
That requires mental discipline. Keep guard on your mind.
- Don't let your fears overwhelm you.
- Don't let your temper get the better of you.
- Don't pine for a return to the good old days.
Instead, think about how you can make your world a better place, and how you could achieve your goals.
The following three thought processes will make you feel more positive and lift your spirits.
- Think about your goals for the future.
- Think about your plans for your goals.
- Think about how you can help others to achieve their goals.
Try thinking about these three things, on purpose, and notice how they change your mood and lift your spirits.
If you want to make your own life better, you will need to work on three things:
- Your mind.
- Your body and
- Your spirit.
1.Work to improve your mind
- Never guess; find the facts.
- Apply the law of cause and effect.
- Learn the laws of logical reasoning.
2.Work to improve your body
- Improve your diet.
- Go to bed on time.
- Do some form of physical training.
3. Work to improve your spirit
- your goals for the future.
- your plans for your goals.
- how you can help others to achieve their goals.
Do these nine things and your life will be wonderful.