Build Winning Teams - Team Development Training - 1 day in-house course
Course Pricing and Availability
This course is available as an in house group training course in the UK and worldwide. We can tailor the content to fit your specific needs.
Group training costs from £1,850 +VAT per day for up to 20 delegates (international training price varies).
Please view our other popular open courses at venues in: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Heathrow, Central London, Bristol, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, Leeds, Nottingham and Dubai, UAE.
Please note all our training courses include three months additional FREE telephone coaching.
Course Timings: Start 09:00 - Finish 16:30. Lunch at 13:00, Tea Breaks at 11:00 and 15:00, giving you an opportunity to check emails and make calls.
6 trainer-led hours, additional 2-3 via post-course portal independent learning
About the Course
In these turbulent times, you need your team to be at their most productive.
Productivity is the most important thing since your team’s Productivity determines your results.
What is productivity?
- Productivity is NOT a measure of how long or hard you work.
- Productivity is a measure of the Value Added, in any given period.
Teams need to Add Value to their customers, to their organisation and themselves.
- It is easy to be “Busy but Non-Productive”. (Have you ever had a “Busy but nonproductive day”?)
- It is not always easy to have productive, profitable, high-performance days.
This course is about developing the productivity of each day, by doing three things.
- Identifying and removing the common errors that cause a day to become Non-productive.
- Develop a distinct set of new skills that combine to create highly productive days.
- Spend time practising the skills so that you can immediately apply them in the workplace.
Here is a brief overview of the course content.
Day One - Morning
- How do you get the best productivity from yourself and others?
- Develop the six essential productivity skills:
- Goal focus: Communication: Planning: Performance Management: Motivation & Inspiration.
- Specify and communicate Clear Goals.
- Plan ahead, prioritise and prep the work
- Perfect the Art of Problem / Cause / Solutions Mapping
Day One - Afternoon
- Positive mental attitude creates better results
- Exactly how to create and sustain a positive mental attitude
- Use “Feedback Loops” to continually improve everything you do
- Create a climate of change, innovation and progressive action
- How to embrace change to become more progressive, responsive and adaptive
- Personal Action Planning
There were many things I found beneficial including six primary virtues, goal focus, positive affirmation, conflict management, distinguishing busy from productive, developing a positive mental attitude etc. The trainer was very clear and engaging, with good interaction with the group. Adoptable and accommodation. The practical sessions were useful.
Build Winning Teams - Team Development Training Course Content
Build Winning Teams Training AM
How do you get the best productivity from yourself and others?
To become more productive, we must adopt a particular set of skills and avoid some common errors.
Develop six key productivity skills sets:
All highly productive teams share the same six qualities. It is these six qualities that cause them to be more productive.
What are the six sets of productive teams?
Goal Focus - The ability to specify what you want, and what your customers want
If you know exactly what your clients want, and if you know what you want, then you have the right conditions for a successful, mutually beneficial relationship.
Success means the achievement of goals, and therefore goal setting is number 1 on the list of skills.
Communication - Communication is the art of transferring information and emotions from one mind to another
Your communications need to be clear, persuasive, friendly and optimistic.
Be very cautious of the opposite communication style: Beware of too many communications that are imprecise, vague, unfriendly or negative and cynical.
Planning - Planning is the art of making ready before the event.
Too many people do not plan ahead. So they spend their time mopping up trying to correct an error that they caused by an earlier lack of planning. Consequently, they spend their time in "crisis mode", trying to fix things that should not have happened in the first place.
Planning and Productivity are like twins that you always find together.
Performance management - It is inevitable that sometimes, a conflict will occur in the team
At that point, the team must manage the conflict in an objective, rational and professional manner. Too many teams do the opposite; by allowing conflict situations to degenerate into a subjective, emotional, unprofessional, stand-up row.
High performing teams do not waste their time and energy in fighting each other.
Instead, they work to create and sustain positive emotions:
Self-Motivation - Each member needs to work on his or her attitude so that they come to work in the right frame of mind
That means learning how to manage their own emotions and directing them towards the positive. We will show you how to do that.
Now you know how to manage your own emotions; you can use that knowledge to affect the emotions of others, (colleagues, customers and suppliers) so that they feel positive emotions about you and your organisation. We will show you how to do that, too.
Set and communicate Specific Goals
Use the 8 Part SMART to set and communicate goals.
Make your time more productive by planning according to this grid:
- Many people are often engaged in Crisis Management
- Others occupy themselves with Busy-Work (They are busy but nonproductive)
- Some people waste their time in useless, Fruitless activity
- High performing people spend the majority of their time the Productive zone
The course content was very in-depth and skills learnt to assist within the company that I work for. Extremely helpful in dealing with conflict. The trainer's presentation was very thorough and extensive knowledge
Build Winning Teams Training PM
We need to understand and the full meaning of the “Productive Zone”.
We need days that you spend in the Productive Zone, not the "busy" or "crisis management" or “fruitless” zones.
Let us show you more on how you can do that.
All success cycles look about the same, and they all involve the concept of “feedback”.
Feedback is information that tells you whether your current actions are taking you closer to your goals or further away.
Use "Feedback Loops" to continually improve everything you do.
Feedback comes in two varieties: Positive feedback and negative feedback.
- How to give negative feedback, in a positive way.
- This is where much time is wasted. We spend too much time in fruitless conflicts, which are mismanaged and end up in upset, emotional turmoil. We need to know how to manage negative feedback, conflict situations in an objective, professional and timely manner.
- Also: Remember to give positive feedback whenever someone deserves it.
How to inspire others and yourself
As we have just noted, all conversations have an emotional impact.
People react positively or negatively to what is said to them.
So it is vital that every conversation in the office be geared towards generating positive emotions, such as confidence, motivation, commitment and team working.
Moreover, it is also vital to cut out the conversations that are geared towards generating negative emotions such as anger, upset, anxiety and frustration.
We call this Conversation control.
Notes and exercises on conversation control.
The emotional consequences of the talks follow this same pattern:
- Conversations about a bad possible future will tend to provoke fear in the mind of the listener.
- Conversations about past bad situations will tend to produce anger and upset in the mind of the listener.
- The conversation about how the past was better than the present day will tend to provoke a slight feeling of discontentedness.
- And conversations about how the present moment and the future will be good, will tend to inspire feelings of optimism, confidence and motivation in the mind of the listeners.
There are three ways to think about conversation control
- Managing the content of what YOU say to other people.
- Managing the content of conversations, that you allow other people to have with you.
- Monitoring and controlling the content of the conversations that other people have amongst themselves.
Exercises and practice
Summary of the training
Final action plans
The Training Method
The training method follows this general pattern - the training is very interactive and interesting:
- The trainer gives a clear explanation of the point in question with specific examples.
- Then, the delegates practice by doing an exercise with each other.
- The delegates practice by doing an exercise with the trainer.
- All points are supported with full written notes to take away.
- Delegates are asked to write down an associated action, for each point made.
(At the end of the day, we have about twenty such actions, from which the delegates choose six which are the most personally meaningful).
Note: we do not believe in placing people in any situation of embarrassment by demanding that they 'perform' in front of the whole group. So you can relax: come on this course and be at ease; ready to learn new skills!
The course content was spot on! Concise, informative and enjoyable. Learned a lot. Will be used back at the office. The trainer's presentation was excellent, knows his stuff!
Price for open training course
Contact us for open course training availability. Open Course cost includes:
- Full day of quality training
- Tea, coffee and cakes
- Full colour course notes
- Written action plan
- Additional training material by means of monthly updates
- Access to the Post Course Portal
Plus 3 months free telephone coaching
To answer any on-going questions, you will also receive email and telephone support from your trainer after you have attended the course. Whilst you are implementing what you have learned we will be there to help you if you need us for advice, guidance and coaching.
After the course, how can you to keep the training-momentum going?
We understand that it is important to keep the momentum of the training going, in the weeks after the course. The ideas and methods that you learnt during the course need to be implemented, not just for the two weeks after the course, but for all time!
In order to make that happen, we will give you continued, on-going support after the training course has finished. The support comes in the form of the Post Course Portal.
The Post Course Portal is a web page that contains a review of all the course material, plus the following:
- Newsletters containing training blogs and articles, which will provide you with ongoing training and good ideas, whenever you need them.
- Fun questionnaires that are designed to tease out your strengths and weaknesses and then give you ideas as to how you might improve your performance.
- Decision matrices that will allow you to make decisions and prioritise tasks into the correct order.
- Summary diagrams and mind maps from the course.
- Conflict scripts that give you examples of how the conflict method can be used, in real life situations.
- Free eBook the effective leader manager.
Free Telephone Consultation service for buyers
If you are a manager who is trying to figure out how to take the results from your organisations staff appraisal and training needs, and turn them into a coherent set of training courses, that will meet these needs, in as efficient a manner as possible, then we can help you with our free service.
Price for in house training course
In House Course: from £1,850 +VAT per day (international training price varies) for up to 20 delegates (download in-house prospectus)
Please call us on +44 020 3856 3008 to discuss your requirements for the in house training course.
If you want to know more about any Management Training Course or their suitability for you or a colleague call us on +44 020 3856 3008.
Team Development Training Course Quiz
In winning teams, every member of the group works cooperatively with every other member in order to achieve a shared goal.
In winning teams there is are strong feelings of mutual cooperation, and shared goal focus.
That is why winning teams win!
Is YOUR team full of strong feelings of cooperation and shared goal focus?
Take this quick and easy quiz to see if YOUR team a WINNING team
View this page on your computer to complete the quiz!
Your Team Building Training Profile
Here is your team building training profile.
Your strongest team development ability:
Your weakest team development ability:
To develop your own team development skills, consider running this course in-house.
Room for improvement: 100%
Enjoyed this questionnaire? Get your free eBook today - 'The Effective Leader Manager'