Posted 11 December 2015 by Chris Farmer
Personal Development Courses
We offer both:
• Bespoke in-house training.These can be tailored to your specific needs.
• Open training courses at locations near you.
How Can I Create Better Results
Everyone wants to have better results. Presumably you would like to have, a nicer car, a nicer house, a nicer income.
Everyone wants their lives to be better, in the sense of enjoying better results. So the big question is, what is it that determines the quality of your results?
Your results are being driven by five factors.
- Your own actions.
- The actions of others.
- The political system in which you are operating.
- Mother Nature.
- Random chance: Luck.
The most important one of the above list is number 1.
Your own action is the most important one of the five factors, because:
- You cannot control the actions of others.
- You cannot control the political system.
- You cannot control Mother Nature.
- You cannot control random chance.
- But you CAN control your own actions.
Control yourself and you will be able to control your results
If you can control yourself, then over the long stretch, you can control your external results.
If you cannot, or will not, control yourself, then your results will be governed by the other four factors; other people, the political system, Nature and chance events.
And you do not really want your results to be governed by what other people are prepared to give you, or what you can claim from the government, nor by random chance.
You don't really want to have to rely upon random chance. What should you rely upon? Your own self.
You need to control yourself and determine your own results. You can do that if you:
- Control your thoughts. Be careful what you think about.
- Control your language. Be careful what you talk about and be careful how you word your message.
- Control your diet. Don't eat and drink the wrong things.
- Control what it is you aim at. Choose your goals very carefully.
Make sure that the thing you want is actually beneficial, not just pleasurable.
Many things that are pleasurable are not beneficial
Revenge may be pleasurable but it is not beneficial.
Cream cakes are pleasurable but they are not beneficial.
Many things that are beneficial are not very pleasurable
Running is not very pleasurable but is beneficial.
Studying is often not pleasurable, but is very beneficial.
Your results are a product of your actions, and your actions are a product of yourself and your own thinking.
As James Allen put it: "A man has to learn that he cannot command things, but that he can command himself; He cannot coerce the wills of others, but that he can mould and master his own will: People seek guidance of him who is master of himself."
Plato said: "The first and best victory is to conquer self."
And Leonardo da Vinci said: "You will never have a greater or lesser dominion than that over yourself. The height of a man's success is gauged by his self-mastery; the depth of his failure by his self-abandonment."
If you would improve your results, then you can begin by first, improving yourself.
Take a look at this personal development programme