Continuous Improvement Training - 1 day course
Course Pricing and Availability
This course is available as an in house group training course in the UK and worldwide. We can tailor the content to fit your specific needs.
Group training costs from £1,850 +VAT per day for up to 20 delegates (international training price varies).
Please view our other popular open courses at venues in: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Heathrow, Central London, Bristol, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, Leeds, Nottingham and Dubai, UAE.
Please note all our training courses include three months additional FREE telephone coaching.
Course Timings: Start 09:00 - Finish 16:30. Lunch at 13:00, Tea Breaks at 11:00 and 15:00, giving you an opportunity to check emails and make calls.
6 trainer-led hours, additional 2-3 via post-course portal independent learning
About the Course
Continuous improvement is a system of thought based on the idea that improvement is possible- and therefore should be made.
- Continuous improvement is an attitude of mind
- Continuous improvement is progression
- Continuous improvement is evolution.
Sadly; some people actively resist any suggestion that improvement is necessary. They subscribe to the theory that, "If it aint broke don’t fix it".
If you want to eliminate the negative and substitute the positive, then book us to deliver this course to your team leaders, today.
Day One - Morning
- What is Continuous Improvement?
- Your attitude drives your results
- Always “Add value” to others
- Develop a clear goal focus
- Improve your communication
- How failure can help you succeed
Day One - Afternoon
- Improve by mimicking successful action
- Improve by developing systems
- Improve by creative problem-solving
- Improve by continuous learning
- Improve by invention and innovation
- Write your improvement action plan
The course content was all very relevant and applicable to a new manager such as myself. Answered all questions I had. The trainer's presentation was well presented, verbally, on screen and flip chart; good mix. Lots of personal experience.
Continuous Improvement Training Course Content
Continuous Improvement Training - Day One - AM
We are here to answer this important question: How can we continually get better results?
We can get continually better results only if we engage in a process of “Continuous improvement”
Attitude determines results
Two opposing attitudes:
1. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
This is non-progressive thinking. It is the expression of a thought against improving what is already working. "If it ain't broke" is a formula for failure.
2. Continuous improvement
This is progressive thinking. It is an argument for improving what is already working. Continuous improvement is a formula for success.
What is your goal?
Your goal can be simply stated: It is to “Add value to the market place”.
If you don’t add value to the market place your future is in doubt.
If you add value to the market place your future is assured.
The meaning of the term, “The market place” varies depending on the time of day.
- Sometimes the market place is your boss.
- Sometimes the market place is your customer.
- Sometimes the market place is your friend or colleague.
- Sometimes the market place is your family.
But no matter what time of day it is, you must add value to others.
How do you do that?
By Continually improving everything you do:
That breaks down into eight subsets. Continually improve the following your ability to:
- Develop Goal focus.
- Communicate clearly, accurately and persuasively.
- Learn from failure
- Learn from success
- Improve your skills and knowledge
- Improve your systems
- Improve your ability to prevent and solve problems
- Improve your ability to innovate and invent
1. Continually improve your Goal focus
Goal focused teams have the winner's edge.
Why goal focus is vital to your success.
What happens if the goal is not clear?
2. Improve your ability to communicate your message
Your communication needs to be clear accurate brief and persuasive.
Your goal is to eliminate errors or upsets caused by poor communication.
Tips on how to improve the accuracy of your communication.
3. Improve your ability to learn from failure.
Every failure carries with it the seed of an equivalent benefit.
How to turn setbacks and defeats into continuous improvements.
4. Learn from success.
You can learn from success. Success leaves clues. Build on the successes of the past. Learn from what works, and see if we can build on a winning formula.
How to generalise from one success and apply it to another realm.
Course content: Quality, adaptable and relevant to my business needs. Trainer's presentation: Alison was quality personified.
Continuous Improvement Training - Day One - PM
5. Improve your skills and knowledge
Learning is a continuous improvement activity.
Skills development should never stop.
Develop and improve your ability to learn.
Knowledge is power. Ignorance is not bliss.
Learn accelerated learning techniques.
6. Continually improve your Systems
Everything depends on the quality of your systems.
If you systematise your processes well, then you cut down the chances for mistakes.
The better the system, the better your results.
Continually improve your efficiencies.
Continually improve your systems.
Examples of better systems.
7. Creative problem solving
All problems have causes, all causes suggest possible solutions.
Master the art of problem cause solution mapping.
Exercises in the art of mapping out problem causes and solutions.
Problem cause solution mapping
In a similar way, all problems have implications, and some of those implications need to be anticipated and prepared for.
Master the art of Problem implication countermeasure.
Exercises in the art of mapping out problem implication and countermeasures.
8. Invention and innovation.
Create progress follows an innovative idea.
Maybe you could innovate your way to a better future.
Maybe you could do what has never been done before
You know the phrase, Think outside the Box
How can you encourage innovation?
Exercise in the art of creative thinking.
Put these elements together to form a coherent plan of action.
Summary and action plan
Price for open training course
- Full day of quality training
- Tea, coffee and cakes
- Full colour course notes
- Written action plan
- Additional training material by means of monthly updates
- Access to the Post Course Portal
Plus 3 months free telephone coaching
To answer any on-going questions, you will also receive email and telephone support from your trainer after you have attended the course. Whilst you are implementing what you have learned we will be there to help you if you need us for advice, guidance and coaching.
After the course, how can you to keep the training-momentum going?
We understand that it is important to keep the momentum of the training going, in the weeks after the course. The ideas and methods that you learnt during the course need to be implemented, not just for the two weeks after the course, but for all time!
In order to make that happen, we will give you continued, on-going support after the training course has finished. The support comes in the form of the Post Course Portal.
The Post Course Portal is a web page that contains a review of all the course material, plus the following:
- Newsletters containing training blogs and articles, which will provide you with ongoing training and good ideas, whenever you need them.
- Fun questionnaires that are designed to tease out your strengths and weaknesses and then give you ideas as to how you might improve your performance.
- Decision matrices that will allow you to make decisions and prioritise tasks into the correct order.
- Summary diagrams and mind maps from the course.
- Conflict scripts that give you examples of how the conflict method can be used, in real life situations.
- Free eBook the effective leader manager.
Price for in house training course
In House Course: from £1,850 +VAT per day (international training price varies) for up to 20 delegates (download in-house prospectus)
Please call us on +44 020 3856 3008 to discuss your requirements for the in house training course.
If you want to know more about any Management Training Course or their suitability for you or a colleague call us on +44 020 3856 3008.