Posted 09 September 2016 by Chris Farmer
Personal Development Courses
We offer both:
• Bespoke in-house training.These can be tailored to your specific needs.
• Open training courses at locations near you.
Don't Let Them Get to You
Don't let other people's negative comments get to you.
Don't let them get you down.
Some people you know will have a tendency to be negative and pessimistic; not only in relation to their own future, but also in relation to your chances and your future. If you announce to the world that you intend to achieve a certain goal, then the people around you will respond by falling into one of three categories:
- Some will think you can do it and will encourage you.
- Some will doubt you can do it, but are willing to be proved wrong and they will also encourage you to do your best.
- Some will be sure that you won't be able to do it. They are convinced that you cannot do it; that you will fail; that you don't have what it takes to achieve your goal; and that you should stop wasting your time.
The mistake that many people make is to give too much weight to the doubts and negative comments that are made by this third group. The members of the third group are often family members; parents, brothers, sisters, or close friends and colleagues.
It is unclear to us why some people spend their time discouraging others from attempting to achieve goals. There are many reasons for it.
But what is clear is that negative discouragement from others is sometimes the reason why a fledgling goal achiever will abandon the attempt and retire from the field of play.
So if you are surrounded by a number of people who tend to be pessimistic about your chances, then either, don't tell them about your goal, or don't take their pessimistic predictions seriously.
When you hear them telling you that: You won't be able to do it; you are too old; you are not old enough; you don't have the talent; or the skill; or the ability; then keep your psychic shields up, smile and walk away.
Spend less time with group three, those who would discourage you, and spend more time with group one, and group two people; those who will encourage you.
Would you say you tend towards having a positive mental attitude, or are you sometimes a bit too negative for your own good? Take our quick quiz to measure how positive you are.