Goal Setting Training - 1 day open course
Course Pricing and Availability
Also Available:- In House Training
This course is also available as a bespoke in house group training course in the UK and worldwide. We can tailor the content to fit your specific needs.
Would you like to contact us?
Group training costs from £1,850 +VAT per day for up to 20 delegates (international training price varies).
One Day open training course: £435 +VAT per delegate.
Our next open course is tomorrow, ✔ there are still places available. Would you like to book online now or see all course dates?
We currently offer training courses in: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Heathrow, Central London, Oxford, Swindon, Bristol, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, Leeds, Nottingham, Southampton, Glasgow, Scotland, Dubai, UAE.
Please note all our training courses include three months additional FREE telephone coaching.
Course Timings: Start 09:00 - Finish 16:30. Lunch at 13:00, Tea Breaks at 11:00 and 15:00, giving you an opportunity to check emails and make calls.
6 trainer-led hours, additional 2-3 via post-course portal independent learning
About the Course
Goal focus is the common theme that is shared by all successful teams and individuals.
The definition of success is “The achievement of a worthwhile goal”. Because it is impossible to achieve a goal that you never set, the most urgent step to take is to set a clear specific and valuable goal.
So, we need to become more goal focused, we need to improve our powers of communication and our abilities to gain and keep the cooperation of others, especially during tough times.
You need to be able to properly communicate the goal to all those who need to know.
So, improving your ability to communicate clearly is crucial.
The third part to success is the ability to give constructive criticism, and be able to correct people without upsetting them, and thus losing their cooperative spirit.
So, you may need to learn to set goals, communicate goals and maintain a cooperative atmosphere in the team.
Your skill at defining goals, and gaining the cooperation of the team to help you to achieve them, is the measure of your success.
If you really want to learn some new techniques that will improve your ability to get the best from yourself and others, then you need to attend this very instructive, informative and inspiring training course.
Goal Setting Training Course Objectives
Day One - Morning
- How to get the best performance from yourself and others
- How performance is measured against goals
- How to set objectively defined goals
- Focus on what can be done, (not on what cannot be done)
- Avoid negative commands: Give only positive commands
Day One - Afternoon
- Give constructive criticism
- Handle difficult people
- Protect their self-image
- Identify wrong actions
- Agree on corrective actions
- Gain commitment to improving performance
- The proper use of praise and appreciation
The course was a refreshing take on classic management training, which was engaging and thought-provoking. The trainer's presentation was clear and concise. He used practical examples to explain points, he had a great rapport and easily kept my attention.
Goal Setting, Communication and Conflict Training Course Content
Goal Setting Course - AM
How do you get the best from yourself and others?
Develop the following six major skills:
- Set Specific goals
- Communicate with greater clarity
- Organise your plans
- Handling difficult people skills
- Manage your own emotions
- Inspiring others. Emotional intelligence
Your performance is measured against your goals.
Your organisation exists to achieve its goals.
Goal focus is the major skill.
Goal focus is the art of setting on a goal and focussing on it long enough to achieve it.
Know what you want and know what other want
What do you want, and what do others want?
You need to know exactly what you want and exactly what others want. The overlap is your opportunity to do business.
The difference between a wish and a goal
Goals are not wishes
Wishes are mere flights of fancy
Goals are specific, objectively defined, numerical, achievable, realistic and optimistic.
How to set and agree on specific goals.
- Be specific
- Define your goal numerically
- Define all your key terms
- Identify the skills knowledge needed
- Identify the material resources needed
- Identify the time needed
- Ensure the deadline is reasonable and agreed
State your goals in the positive sense.
Don’t state goals in the negative sense.
A negative goal is leaves unstated what you will do, and merely states what you won’t do.
If you say, “I won’t repeat the mistakes of the past”. Then we still do not know what you are going to do. You need to state goals in the affirmative. Example, “By the end of the decade, we will put an American on the moon at return him safety”.
Avoid negative commands: Give only positive commands
Make sure that last thing they hear from you is what you DO want.
Always make the last thing they hear, before they leave, a statement about what you DO want.
The training course content was very informative, useful skills for day to day management. Very useful conflict management and emotional management.
Trainer's presentation was very good overall with good communication.
Goal Setting Course - PM
Conflict is inevitable. You are bound to get some. How you manage conflict is an important question.
Some people can be difficult to handle. They are too pushy, or too moody.
They do the wrong things.
They don’t do the right things.
Handle difficult people according to the proper principles.
The proper principles means, “According to the principles of reason.”
Protect their self-image:-
Their self-image is their ego, or pride, their self-concept.
Never attack their self-concept.
- Identify wrong actions
- Name the exact behaviour
- Clearly, state what is "wrong."
- Suggest a specific corrective action that will solve the problem
- Agree corrective actions
- Gain commitment to making the change to improve performance
- Ask for the commitment to the corrective action
- If they do not commit, then distinguish between reasons and excuses.
Distinguish reasons from excuses and have a different policy for each.
Gain commitments, to the improved action.
The moment the make a change, “Tag it”, with some positive feedback
Make proper use of well-timed thanks praise and appreciation
Practical exercises for the delegates to learn skills
The Training Method
The training method follows this general pattern - the training is very interactive and interesting:
- The trainer gives a clear explanation of the point in question with specific examples.
- Then, the delegates practice by doing an exercise with each other.
- The delegates practice by doing an exercise with the trainer.
- All points are supported with full written notes to take away.
- Delegates are asked to write down an associated action, for each point made.
(At the end of the day, we have about twenty such actions, from which the delegates choose six which are the most personally meaningful).
Note: we do not believe in placing people in any situation of embarrassment by demanding that they 'perform' in front of the whole group. So you can relax: come on this course and be at ease; ready to learn new skills!
Very useful and clearly explained with a good delivery and focused relevant analogies. The trainer's presentation: Clear, Interesting and informative.
Price for open training course
You are able to book this course online today.
The open training course costs only £435 +VAT per delegate . For this price we provide:
- Full day of quality training
- Tea, coffee and cakes
- Full colour course notes
- Written action plan
- Additional training material by means of monthly updates
- Access to the Post Course Portal
Plus 3 months free telephone coaching
To answer any on-going questions, you will also receive email and telephone support from your trainer after you have attended the course. Whilst you are implementing what you have learned we will be there to help you if you need us for advice, guidance and coaching.
After the course, how can you to keep the training-momentum going?
We understand that it is important to keep the momentum of the training going, in the weeks after the course. The ideas and methods that you learnt during the course need to be implemented, not just for the two weeks after the course, but for all time!
In order to make that happen, we will give you continued, on-going support after the training course has finished. The support comes in the form of the Post Course Portal.
The Post Course Portal is a web page that contains a review of all the course material, plus the following:
- Newsletters containing training blogs and articles, which will provide you with ongoing training and good ideas, whenever you need them.
- Fun questionnaires that are designed to tease out your strengths and weaknesses and then give you ideas as to how you might improve your performance.
- Decision matrices that will allow you to make decisions and prioritise tasks into the correct order.
- Summary diagrams and mind maps from the course.
- Conflict scripts that give you examples of how the conflict method can be used, in real life situations.
- Free eBook the effective leader manager.
Free Telephone Consultation service for buyers
If you are a manager who is trying to figure out how to take the results from your organisations staff appraisal and training needs, and turn them into a coherent set of training courses, that will meet these needs, in as efficient a manner as possible, then we can help you with our free service.
Price for in house training course
In House Course: from £1,850 +VAT per day (international training price varies) for up to 20 delegates
Please call us on +44 020 3856 3008 to discuss your requirements for the in house training course.
If you want to know more about any Management Training Course or their suitability for you or a colleague call us on +44 020 3856 3008.