Online Professional Development Training Course
Tremendous Online Training Course
This course will show you exactly how to get the best performance from yourself and others.
Now you can see our most popular London training course, wherever you are in the world.
This online course will give you the same great learning experience; as if you were coming to the live course, in London.
You will get the exact same training; you’ll do the same practical exercises and have the identical training manual, as if you were really at the live course, in London.
We provide this course as an online streaming video service with an approximate runtime of 12 hours, designed to be run over two consecutive days - 9am - 4.30pm (including breaks).
Buy access to this online course for 3 months:-
This price includes a PDF copy of a comprehensive 96-page training manual, which you would need to print out before taking the course.
Alternatively, we can provide the full colour course notes at an additional cost of £30 per copy.
The course content is practical and adaptable to everyday living – not just work! I am sure that the skills I have learnt will come into immediate use and I urge other new managers to take this course. The trainer’s presentation was fantastic and he delivered the presentation exceptionally. He was helpful, energetic, inspiring and fun.
Professional Development Online Training Course
Here is a proven, professional leadership and management training course that you and your team can enjoy, in your own place of work.
Now you can benefit from the exact same course content and presentation style of the original, live London course, but at a much lower cost. And you can choose for yourself, exactly when and where you do the training.
We realise that there are many people who would like to come London to do their leadership and management training, but for many reasons, cannot do that.
Therefore, we have created a unique version of the course that contains all the same content as the original, and we have added special explanatory graphics.
Our audience will ask all the questions that will likely occur to you, as you go through the course. So you will get a real sense of realism.
Our aim is to give you the same training experience as the live course, in London, but at a much lower cost, and in a format that you will find very convenient.
Here is a full outline of the course.
Day One - Morning
- How can you get the best performance from yourself and others?
- Develop the six major key skills
- Develop goal focus
- Use only accurate language
- Learn how to define your most important ideas
- Learn the difference between the critic and the cynic
Day One - Afternoon
- How to manage difficult people
- Use objective language
- Always prepare your message
- Distinguish between reasons and excuses
- Know when to compromise and when not to
- Make an action plan
Day Two - Morning
- How to be a good time manager
- Use "deadline pressure" and "value" as key indicators
- Notice the difference between being "busy" and being "productive"
- Always prioritise your work
- Learn how to handle distractions
- Learn proper delegation and prioritisation
- Pareto 80/20 principle and its application
Day Two - Afternoon
- A Positive attitude. How your attitude affects your results
- The Thomas EDISON success formula
- The opposite; The Failure Formula
- The value of "critical feedback" and failure
- Turning negative situations into positive situations
- Action plan, final summary close.
There was a wide range of content, all of which was interesting and useful and I hope I will be able to use in my development. The trainer’s presented clearly and enthusiastically. Beforehand I was apprehensive but was immediately put at ease and felt involved throughout. Very useful and enjoyable too.
Online Professional Development Course Content Overview
Professional Development Online Course - Day One - AM
How can you get the best performance from yourself and others?
Answer: You could develop these six key abilities; meaning the ability to:
- Set and achieve valuable goals
- Communicate with more clarity
- Manage your time. Properly plan, prioritise and prepare your work
- Manage conflict. How to properly manage difficult personalities
- Motivate and inspire yourself so that you feel stronger and more confident even during tough times
- Learn to motivate and inspire other people
Now let us take each of these leadership abilities in turn:
The first leadership quality is to become; a goal focused individual
Goal focus; the ability to concentrate on what you want.
Perfect the ability to set and communicate your goals.
Decide how you want to be perceived by others and then act accordingly
Notes and then practice
The second quality of leadership is to become a terrific communicator
- To communicate with more clarity and accuracy
- Leadership requires the proper use of language
- You need clear definitions of all your most important terms
- Vagueness is the act of having multiple meanings to your messages
- Vagueness is dangerous
- Speak about what you can do, not what you cannot, or will not do
- Develop the art of asking the right questions
- The use and abuse of humour in the workplace
Practical exercises for the delegates to learn by doing
Professional Development Online Course - Day One - PM
Conflict Management Section
Conflict is inevitable because other people don't share your views.
How you handle conflict is an important question.
You need to know the following information
- How to use reason and logic to resolve conflict; not anger or avoidance
- Know when to compromise with others and when to stand firm
Proper conflict management requires that you:-
- Always protect the other persons "self-concept"
- Tell them precisely what is “wrong” and do it in non-emotional terms
- Suggest a definite way out of the conflict situation
- Be objective and specific, not angry or upset.
- Distinguish between reasons and excuses for not doing something and have a different policy for each
- Know how to use your body language and voice tones
Top tips for constructive conflict management
Professional Development Training Summary
Practical exercises for the delegates to learn by
Professional Development Online Course - Day Two - AM
Time Management Section
Ask yourself: What is the best use of my time, right now?
Use the two principles of "deadline pressure" and "value" as key indicators.
- Q1 Crisis
- Q2 Productive work
- Q3 Busy work
- Q4 Fruitless
Distinguish between "busy work" and "being productive"
Handling the three time wasters
- Other people
- Your own bad habits
- Poor office systems
Delegation: the act of entrusting a task to another
- There are five good reasons to delegate
- There are five bad reasons to delegate
- How to delegate properly, using SMART
- Why some people who should delegate - don't delegate
Prioritisation: the act of putting tasks into the correct order
Manage your priorities by means of a decision matrix.
Answer the question: What is the most valuable use of my time right now?
Manage interruptions by means of the 80/20 rule Pareto principle.
- The Pareto time management principle states that 80% of the value comes from only 20% of the causes
- 80% of the value of the interruption will be in only 20% of what they say
- Manage the interruption using the "Pareto question"
Exercises for the delegates to learn new skills
Professional Development Online Course - Day Two - PM
Positive attitude and how it affects your final results
Becoming a good leader and manger requires that you are able to direct the focus of your mind, so that you can create the optimum emotional responses appropriate to the circumstance that face you.
Emotional management requires also that you
- Don't succumb to undue pessimism or fear
- Don't overdose on fretting over things over which you have no control
- Fix your mind onto the present moment and onto your goals - look forwards
The self-fulfilling prophecy
How your inner thoughts will affect your outer circumstances
How to sustain a positive attitude
- Control your mind
- Control your conversation
- Control their conversation
How to create more energy
Energy is the capacity to do your work
Some people don't have sufficient energy.
How to generate more energy.
The Thomas EDISON success formula
All successful action can be described by the following five step process:
- Purpose: is the goal you want to achieve
- Plan: is how you intend to achieve it
- Action: is the implementation of the plan
- Feedback: is the results of the actions you taken
- Change: is the adjustment in the plans, based on the feedback you are getting
The difference between negative feedback and an insult.
Recognise that Negative feedback is part of the success formula.
Negative feedback should NOT be destructive.
Negative feedback should always be constructive
Here are the differences between:
- Negative feedback.
- Derogatory insult.
In order to inspire others, use the five part success formula.
- Know your outcome
- Formulate your best plan in writing
- Take decisive action
- Gather and evaluate the feedback. Both positive and negative
- Make progress by continually adapting and evolving
The failure formula
The failure is the opposite of the success formula:
- No goals (drifting)
- No plan (wing it)
- No action (procrastination or laziness)
- Ignoring feedback
- Refusal to change (stubbornness)
Use the six success formula questions
Here are the success formula questions:
- What are your SMART goals for this coming week, (month, year….)?
- Where are your “detailed, written plans of action” that describe exactly how you intend to achieve your goals?
- What have you been doing lately, in terms of achieving your SMART goals and enacting your plans?
- What has been going well for you, lately?
- What has not been going so well for you, lately?
- In respect of what has not been going well, tell me, what specifically, do you think we need to omit, alter, adapt or change, in our current plan, in order to get things back on track? Please give me your best ideas!
Practical exercises for the delegates to learn skills
Professional Development Training - Final Summary
How will this management training help you to get the best from yourself and others?
Actions / Close
The Training Method
The training method follows this pattern - the training is very interactive and interesting:
- The trainer gives a clear explanation of the point in question with specific examples.
- Then, the delegates practice by doing an exercise with each other.
- All points are supported with full written notes to take away.
Delegates are asked to write down an associated action, for each point made.
(At the end of the day, we have about twenty such actions, from which the delegates choose six which are the most personally meaningful).
Additional Online Training
Here are some additional short training courses, approximately 90 minutes in duration.