Emotional Management (EQ) Course - 1 day open course
Course Pricing and Availability
Also Available:- In House Training
This course is also available as a bespoke in house group training course in the UK and worldwide. We can tailor the content to fit your specific needs.
Would you like to contact us?
Group training costs from £1,850 +VAT per day for up to 20 delegates (international training price varies).
One Day open training course: £435 +VAT per delegate.
Our next open course is in 55 days, ✔ there are still places available. Would you like to book online now or see all course dates?
We currently offer training courses in: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Heathrow, Central London, Oxford, Swindon, Bristol, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, Leeds, Nottingham, Southampton, Glasgow, Scotland, Dubai, UAE.
Please note all our training courses include three months additional FREE telephone coaching.
Course Timings: Start 09:00 - Finish 16:30. Lunch at 13:00, Tea Breaks at 11:00 and 15:00, giving you an opportunity to check emails and make calls.
6 trainer-led hours, additional 2-3 via post-course portal independent learning
About the Course
Emotional intelligence (EQ) training is about understanding why people do what they do, by understanding how their emotions affect their performance.
Our performance is strongly affected by how we feel, emotionally.
- Positive emotions; optimism, enthusiasm, commitment and confidence, tend to produce positive results
- Negative emotions: anger, upset, worry, anxiety, stress, tend to produce negative results
We want to use that understanding to improve the way we think, talk, act, and respond to various work situations.
Our aim is to improve performance by improving our mode of thinking, feeling, communicating, acting and reacting to events.
EQ Course Overview
Day One - Morning
- The Emotional management cycle: How Emotions affect results
- Thoughts: What you say and picture in your mind create your emotions
- Manage your thought and therefore, manage your emotions
- Manage your conversations and affect the emotions of others
- Dissipate negative emotions and replace them with positive
Day One - Afternoon
- Achieve a positive emotional work atmosphere
- Reframe a negative situation into a positive situation
- Change the focus of a conversation onto more productive paths
- How your physical body effects your emotional mind
- Help others with their emotional intelligence by teaching them the same methods
- Develop your personal code of conduct
The course content was brilliant. Highlights a lot I can learn and focus on. The trainer's presentation was again brilliant, useful information and easy to understand.
Emotional Quotient (EQ) Course Content
Emotional Intelligence Training - AM
Here is the question we want to answer:
“How can you get the best performance from yourself and others?”
The emotional management cycle
Your emotions tend to show up in your external results.
The process looks like this.
- How negative emotions tend to create negative results.
- How positive emotions tend to create positive results.
Harness the Power of Great Expectations.
How to use the emotional management cycle to your advantage.
Learn to take control of the content of your thoughts and conversations and direct them away from too much talking about:
- The Bad past. Which tends to create emotions of anger and upset
- The Bad future. Which tends to create emotions of fear anxiousness upset and and worry
Target your conversation onto a BETTER FUTURE; which will tend to create emotions of optimism, enthusiasm, motivation and energy.
How to identify the creation of negative emotions at work
Let us look at some examples of what negative language some people have to put up with at work:
- Our Fail-Safe-Method of handling any form of negative emotion inducing language
- How to manage the person who uses words as weapons.
The course content: A very well structured day. Enjoyed the difficult topics covered. Making use of examples made the course content active and lively. The trainer's presentation: Well prepared, fun and not boring. Conveyed the message across in a good and active manner.
Emotional Intelligence Training - PM
8 Part SMART
Positive emotions are triggered most easily by thinking about our goals for the future.
Therefore, we need to ask people what are their goals for the future.
The role of an emotional manager is to help the team to feel able to achieve goals, the first skill of the leader is to properly set and communicate a valuable goal.
Communication and Body language.
Like it or not, people do judge you partly on appearance.
What they see, is what you’ll get.
Impression management: How you APPEAR to be, will partly determine how you are received.
Posture. Appearance. Touch. Eye contact. Hand and arm gestures. Facial expression. Orientation. Proximity. Scent. Accessories.
Reframe a negative situation into a positive situation.
Nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so
Change the meaning of an event and you will change how people feel about it.
How to change the meaning of an event.
Change the focus of a conversation onto more productive paths.
How to distract people off the negative conversations and get them talking about solutions rather than problems.
How your physical body effects your emotional mind
Your emotions are also affected by how you are using your body.
- How your body language affects how you feel?
- How to improve your emotional state by improving your physical body
Help others with their emotional intelligence by teaching them the same methods
Teach these methods to others, so that you can become their emotional intelligence mentor
Develop your personal code of conduct.
You can live according to previous programming or...
You can live according to your new choices.
Release your full potential by designing a new personal code of conduct.
Finish and leave
Price for open training course
- Full day of quality training
- Tea, coffee and cakes
- Full colour course notes
- Written action plan
- Additional training material by means of monthly updates
- Access to the Post Course Portal
Plus 3 months free telephone coaching
To answer any on-going questions, you will also receive email and telephone support from your trainer after you have attended the course. Whilst you are implementing what you have learned we will be there to help you if you need us for advice, guidance and coaching.
After the course, how can you to keep the training-momentum going?
We understand that it is important to keep the momentum of the training going, in the weeks after the course. The ideas and methods that you learnt during the course need to be implemented, not just for the two weeks after the course, but for all time!
In order to make that happen, we will give you continued, on-going support after the training course has finished. The support comes in the form of the Post Course Portal.
The Post Course Portal is a web page that contains a review of all the course material, plus the following:
- Newsletters containing training blogs and articles, which will provide you with ongoing training and good ideas, whenever you need them.
- Fun questionnaires that are designed to tease out your strengths and weaknesses and then give you ideas as to how you might improve your performance.
- Decision matrices that will allow you to make decisions and prioritise tasks into the correct order.
- Summary diagrams and mind maps from the course.
- Conflict scripts that give you examples of how the conflict method can be used, in real life situations.
- Free eBook the effective leader manager.
Price for in house training course
In House Course: from £1,850 +VAT per day (international training price varies) for up to 20 delegates
Please call us on +44 020 3856 3008 to discuss your requirements for the in house training course.
If you want to know more about any Management Training Course or their suitability for you or a colleague call us on +44 020 3856 3008.
Emotional Intelligence (EQ) Training Course Quiz
Emotional intelligence (EI) or emotional quotient (EQ) is the art of controlling the focus of your mind, the physical state of your body, and your actions, so as to create the optimum emotional responses, which are appropriate to the circumstances that face you.
That means you can think of emotional intelligence (EQ) as containing the following seven subsets skills.
- Controlling the focus of your mind
- Controlling the focus of your conversations
- Controlling the state of your physical body during stressful times
- Controlling your actions
- Understanding your emotional reactions to events
- Controlling your interactions with other people, especially during tough times
- Applying the principles of emotional intelligence skilfully to others
Before we get into the material, let us do a quick questionnaire that opens the door on each of these seven subsets.
View this page on your computer to complete the quiz!
Your Emotional Intelligence Profile
Here is your emotional intelligence profile.
Your strongest emotional intelligence ability:
Your weakest emotional intelligence ability:
To develop your own emotional intelligence skills, read more about this in-house course.
Room for improvement: 100%
Enjoyed this questionnaire? Get your free eBook today - 'The Effective Leader Manager'