Bespoke in house training
This course is also available as an in-house training course in the UK and worldwide. We can tailor the content to fit your specific needs.
Contact Us >
Costs from £1,600 +VAT per day for up to 15 delegates.
What is Leadership and Management Training?
Some of your leader-managers may not have received sufficient leadership and management training.
Therefore, they are running on a mixture of natural talent, experience and common sense.
In most cases, the method of “learning by experience” provides enough of an education to get things mostly right.
But maybe, some of your leaders and managers are not getting things right.
Some of them may be making mistakes in the way that they lead and manage the team.
These mistakes are not born of malice, but rather, they simply do not have a good leadership and management method.
They need a good method that will make them more successful and confident, as a leader manager.
Your leaders may need the support, help and guidance from some specialised training.
It is this specialised training that we are committed to provide for you.
Two Day Open Course:
£800 +VAT per delegate
In House Course: from £1,600 +VAT per day for up to 15 delegates (download in-house prospectus)
We currently offer open courses in: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Heathrow, Central London, Bristol, Nottingham and Glasgow, Scotland.
Please note all our training courses include three months additional FREE telephone coaching.
Take our training needs analysis questionnaire to see if this course is suitable for you
About the Course
If you are looking for a practical 'success formula' that will help you develop your personal management and leadership skills - this is the course you've been looking for!
We will show you practical methods to help you become more effective and confident.
The purpose of the training is to improve performance and create a friendly and productive working atmosphere.
Leadership Management Training Objectives
Our management training focuses on the six essential leadership management skills, namely:
- To set and achieve goals.
- To communicate clearly.
- To manage time and prioritise work.
- To manage conflict and handle difficult people.
- To create and sustain a positive mental attitude, especially during tough times.
- To inspire others and create a positive, productive atmosphere.
Brief outline of the Leadership and Management training
Day One - Morning
- How do you get the best from yourself and others?
- Develop the six key leadership management skills
- How to develop goal focus
- The accurate use of language
- Distinguish the critic from the cynic
- Define your most important ideas
Day One - Afternoon
- How to handle difficult people
- Objective language
- Prepare your message in advance
- Reasons vs excuses
- When to compromise and when not to
- Action plan
Day Two - Morning
- Time management training
- Understanding "deadline pressure" and "value"
- Distinguish between being "busy" and being "productive"
- Prioritise work according to its value and deadline pressure
- Handling interruptions and distractions
- Proper delegation and correct prioritisation
- The 80/20 principle and its application to time management
Day Two - Afternoon
- Positive mental attitude. How it affects tangible results
- The EDISON success formula
- Failure formula
- The value of "critical feedback"
- Turning negative situations into positive
- Action plan, final summary close.
Course content: Very good – Structures were “user friendly”. Trainer’s presentation: Smart – good presentation, skills friendly and professional
Leadership and Management Course Content
Leadership Training - Day One - AM
How do you get the best from yourself and others?
Answer: Develop these six leadership-management abilities; the ability to:
- Set and achieve your goals.
- Communicate with more clarity, confidence and persuasiveness.
- Properly plan, prioritise, prepare and delegate your work.
- Properly manage difficult personalities and conflict situations
- Motivate and inspire yourself so that you feel strong and confident even during tough times.
- Learn to motivate and inspire others and create a productive work-atmosphere.
Let us take each of these leadership-management abilities in turn:
The first quality of leadership and management is to become a goal focused individual
- Goal focus is the one thing that makes the biggest difference.
- Perfect the ability to set, communicate and achieve your goals.
- Decide how you want to be perceived and act accordingly
Notes and then practice
The second quality of leadership and management is to become a master communicator
- To communicate with clarity and enthusiasm
- Leadership requires accurate language
- You need clear, not vague, definitions of your most important ideas
- Clarity is a virtue. Vagueness is a vice
- Speak about what you can do, not what you cannot / won't do
- Develop the art of asking the right questions
Leadership Training - Day One - PM
Conflict Management Training
Because other people don't share your views, occasional conflict is inevitable.
How you handle conflict is an all-important question.
You need to know how to do the following
- Use reason and logic to resolve conflict; not anger or upset
- Know when to compromise and when not to
Proper conflict management requires that you:-
- Always protect their "self-concept"
- Tell them precisely what is wrong in non-emotional terms
- Give them a way out of the conflict situation
- Be objective and specific, not emotional and inflammatory
- Distinguish between reasons and excuses and have a different policy for each
- Know when to negotiate and when not to
Ten tips for constructive conflict management
Leadership Training Summary
Leadership Training - Day Two - AM
Time management training
What is the best use of your time right now?
Use the two principles of "deadline pressure" and "value" as key indicators.
- Q1 Crisis zone
- Q2 Productive zone
- Q3 Busy zone
- Q4 Fruitless zone
Distinguish between being "Busy" and being "Productive"
Handling the three time wasters
- Other people's interruptions
- Your own bad habits
- Poor or non-existent management systems
- Good reasons to delegate
- Bad reasons to delegate
- How to delegate
- Why people who should delegate - don't
Manage your priorities by means of a decision matrix.
Answer the question: What is the most valuable use of my time right now?
Manage interruptions by means of the 80/20 principle
- The Pareto time management principle states that 80% of the value comes from 20% of the causes
- 80% of the value of the interruption will be in 20% or less of what they say
- Manage the interruption using the "Pareto question"
Leadership Training - Day Two - PM
Positive mental attitude training and how it affects tangible results
Leadership and management requires that you are able to direct the focus of your mind, so that you create
optimum emotional responses appropriate to the circumstance that face you.
Emotional management requires that you
- Don't succumb to undue pessimism and fear
- Don't overdose on fretting over things that have already happened
- Fix your mind on the moment and on your goals and - mentally - look forwards
The self-fulfilling prophecy
How your inner thoughts affect your outer circumstances
How to create and sustain a positive mental attitude
- Control the content of your mind
- Control the content of your conversation
- Control the content of their conversation
How to create more energy
Energy is defined as the capacity to do work
Some people don't have sufficient energy to properly do their work.
How to generate more energy.
The EDISON success formula
All successful action can be described by the following five words:
- The Purpose: is the goal
- The Plan: is what you are going to do about the goal
- The Action: is the implementation of the plan
- The Feedback: is the results of the actions you take
- The Change: is the adjustment in the plans and actions, based on the feedback results you are getting
Learn the difference between feedback information and insult.
Negative feedback is part of the success formula.
But negative feedback should be constructive criticism: NOT destructive insult.
The differences between:
- Negative feedback.
- Derogatory insult.
In order to inspire others, get them hooked on the above five part success formula.
- Know your outcome
- Formulate your best plan in writing
- Take decisive action
- Gather and evaluate the feedback. Both positive and negative
- Make progress by continually adapting and evolving
Recognise that the success formula is a continuous process
- Indecision or unclear targets
- No written plan - wing it
- Procrastination - put it off
- Become disheartened in the face of set-backs and disappointments
- Stand still. Do the same thing this year as you did last year
Leadership Training - Final Summary
How will this management training help you to get the best from yourself and others?
Actions / Feedback / Close
The Training Method
The training method follows this general pattern - the training is very interactive and interesting:
- The trainer gives a clear explanation of the point in question with specific examples.
- Then, the delegates practice by doing an exercise with each other.
- The delegates practice by doing exercise with the trainer.
- All points are supported with full written notes to take away.
- Delegates are asked to write down an associated action, for each point made.
- (At the end of the day, we have about twenty such actions, from which the delegates choose six which are the most personally meaningful).
Note: we do not believe in placing people in any situation of embarrassment by demanding that they 'perform' in front of the whole group. So you can relax: come on this course and be at ease; ready to learn new skills!
Training course content: Just the right amount of content, detailed where necessary without massive amount of unnecessary detail. The trainer's presentation: Really good - kept attention throughout.
Price for open training course
You are able to book this course online today.
The open training course costs only £800 +VAT per delegate . For this price we provide:
- Full days quality training
- Tea, coffee and cakes
- Full colour course notes
- Written action plan
- Access to the Post Course Portal:
- Audio download of 'The Effective Leader Manager' programme
- Access to DVD downloadable training courses:
- Conflict Management
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Interview Skills
- Accelerated Learning
- Free eBook 'The Effective Leader Manager'
- Free training needs analysis, with personalised development action plan based upon results
Plus 3 months free telephone coaching
To answer any on-going questions, you will also receive email and telephone support from your trainer after you have attended the course. Whilst you are implementing what you have learned we will be there to help you if you need us for advice, guidance and coaching.
Price for in house training course
In House Course: from £1,600 +VAT per day for up to 15 delegates (download in-house prospectus)
Please call us on 01452 856091 to discuss your requirements for the in house training course.
If you want to know more about any Management Training Course or their suitability for you or a colleague call us on +44 01452 856091.