What is Communication Skills Training?
Communication is the art of getting your ideas, information and feelings into the minds of other people.
Communications skills training is specialised training that will help you to do that more effectively, more quickly and more easily.
If you feel frustrated because you can’t verbalise what you want to say, and if you feel you want people to really listen to you and to understand you, then this course is right for you.
If you have trouble handling difficult people: if you need help with dealing with unpleasant situations, then this course is right for you.
One Day Open Course:
£375 +VAT per delegate
In House Course: from £1,500 +VAT per day for up to 15 delegates
We currently offer open courses in: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Heathrow, Central London, Bristol and Nottingham.
Please note all our training courses include three months additional FREE telephone coaching.
Take our training needs analysis questionnaire to see if this course is suitable for you
About the Course
Who should attend the course?
You should attend this communication skills training course, if you:
- Say to yourself "I know what I mean but I can’t explain it"
- Need to set clear goals and targets for others to achieve
- Need to be able to transfer information accurately
- Believe that problems are often caused by miscommunication
- Need to explain your exact meaning to others
- Need to handle difficult people and conflict
- Want more confidence in expressing your ideas
Benefits of the communication skills training course
The benefits of the communication skills course are:
- You will feel more confident to express your ideas and opinions.
- You will get the best possible results from interviews and important meetings of all kinds.
- You will avoid all the perils and costs of badly worded messages and mis-understandings.
- You will feel happier to handle situations where you need to criticise other people.
Very thorough, valuable points covered. The trainer's presentation: Good, kept interest.
Communication Skills Training Course Content
Communication Skills Course AM
Clear Communication - To some degree, your future success depends upon your ability to communicate. You need to be more clear, accurate, convincing and confident.
You need to able to communicate the following:
- Your goals
- The exact meaning of your complex ideas
- Your plans for the future
- Your constructive criticism
- How you feel
- How to induce a positive mental attitude
This course covers:
- How to communicate your goals
- How to use numbers to gain accuracy
- The use (and misuse) of humour at work
- How to explain your ideas
- How to improve your listening skills (how to pick out the exact meaning of their message)
- How to handle a negative cynic
- The use of affirmative language
Communication Skills Course PM
How to give assertive constructive criticism
- How to use a rational, not emotional approach to constructive criticism and conflict
- How to use factual language to criticise
- How to prepare your message in advance
- How to formulate a solution to the problem or difficult situation
- How to distinguish "reasons" from "excuses" for not doing something
- Know when to compromise (and when not to)
- The difference between assertive, aggressive and passive communication
- Notes on body language and proper voice tone
- The proper use of praise and appreciation
- How to maintain your self control and confidence
The Training Method
The training method follows this general pattern - the training is very interactive and interesting:
- The trainer gives a clear explanation of the point in question with specific examples.
- Then, the delegates practice by doing an exercise with each other.
- The delegates practice by doing exercise with the trainer.
- All points are supported with full written notes to take away.
- Delegates are asked to write down an associated action, for each point made.
- (At the end of the day, we have about twenty such actions, from which the delegates choose six which are the most personally meaningful).
Note: we do not believe in placing people in any situation of embarrassment by demanding that they 'perform' in front of the whole group. So you can relax: come on this course and be at ease; ready to learn new skills!
Although cynical prior to the course I found it very rewarding and informative. An interesting two days, great value. The trainer presentation was exceptionally good.
Price for open training course
You are able to book this course online today.
The open training course costs only £375 +VAT per delegate . For this price we provide:
- Full days quality training
- Tea, coffee and cakes
- Full colour course notes
- Written action plan
- Access to the Post Course Portal:
- Audio download of 'The Effective Leader Manager' programme
- Access to DVD downloadable training courses:
- Conflict Management
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Interview Skills
- Accelerated Learning
- Free eBook 'The Effective Leader Manager'
- Free training needs analysis, with personalised development action plan based upon results
Plus 3 months free telephone coaching
To answer any on-going questions, you will also receive email and telephone support from your trainer after you have attended the course. Whilst you are implementing what you have learned we will be there to help you if you need us for advice, guidance and coaching.
Price for in house training course
Please call us on 01452 856091 to discuss your requirements for the in house training course.
If you want to know more about any Management Training Course or their suitability for you or a colleague call us on +44 01452 856091.