Bespoke in house training
This course is also available as an in-house training course in the UK and worldwide. We can tailor the content to fit your specific needs.
Contact Us >
Costs from £1,600 +VAT per day for up to 15 delegates.
Personal Development Training - 2 day course
Any goal which you can concieve, you can achieve.
But only if you have a good plan.
This personal development training is designed to help you to achieve all your goals.
This unique training is designed to help you by teaching you a set of personal skills that will allow you to more quickly improve your performance, at home and at work.
You will learn unique methods that will improve your abilities in the following key skill sets:
Achieving goals, confident communication, assertiveness, handling difficult people, time management, decision making, self-motivation and positive mental attitude.
This personal development training is specifically designed to improve your personal performance at work, but since the principles of personal development are universal, this training will help you succeed on all areas of your life.
This course will help you greatly to develop your skills so that, every day, you will be able to get the best performance from yourself and others.
Two Day Open Course: £800 +VAT per delegate.
Our next open course is in 7 days, would you like to book online now or see more available dates?
In House Course: from £1,600 +VAT per day for up to 15 delegates
We currently offer open courses in: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Heathrow, Central London, Bristol, Nottingham and Glasgow, Scotland.
Please note all our training courses include three months additional FREE telephone coaching.
Take our training needs analysis questionnaire to see if this course is suitable for you
About the Course
What are the personal development training objectives?
On this course you will cover the six major personal development training objectives. Namely:
- To develop 'goal focus'
- To communicate more clearly and confidently
- To manage your time and work through proper prioritisation, planning and preparation
- To confidently manage conflict and handle even the most difficult people
- To self-motivate with a positive mental attitude and to easily handle your stress
- To inspire others and to create a positive and productive atmosphere around you
Brief outline of the Personal Development Training
Day One - Morning
- How do you get the best from yourself and others?
- Develop the six key personal development skills
- How to develop goal focus
- The accurate use of language
- Distinguish the critic from the cynic
- Define your most important ideas
Day One - Afternoon
- How to handle difficult people
- Objective language
- Prepare your message in advance
- Separate reasons from excuses
- When to compromise and when not to
- Action plan
Day Two - Morning
- Time management training
- Understanding 'deadline pressure' and 'value'
- Distinguish between being 'busy' and being 'productive'
- Prioritise work according to its value and dealine pressure
- Handling interruptions and distractions
- Proper delegation and correct prioritisation
- The 80/20 principle and its application to time management
Day Two - Afternoon
- Positive mental attitude. How it affects tangible results
- The EDISON success formula
- Avoid the failure formula
- The value of 'critical feedback'
- Turning negative situations into positive
- Action plan, final summary close
The content was really useful. The trainer's presentation: Excellent.
Personal Development Training Course Content
Personal Development Training - Day One - AM
We start by asking this question: How can you get the very best from yourself and others?
You can get the very best from yourself and others only by developing your personal skills.
Which skills specifically should you concentrate on developing?
The following six key professional development skills:
- To develop a definite goal focus
- To communicate clearly, persuasively and confidently
- To intelligently organise people, and effectively prioritise work
- To confidently manage conflict and handle even your most difficult people
- To self- motivate with a positive mental attitude and to easily handle your stress
- To inspire others and create a positive and productive atmosphere
Let us develop each of these qualities in turn.
The first principle of personal development: Goals
All development starts with setting goals - you need to develop a clear sense of purpose - become more goal focused.
- How to create a "Big picture vision" for your future - create a definite "Goal focus"
- Define your personal standards - how do you wish to be perceived by others? Decide how you wish to be perceived and act accordingly.
- Check you communication: do you make mistakes in your use of humour and gossip?
Training notes and then practice.
The second principle of personal development: Communication
How to communicate with more clarity
- Can you make yourself understood?
- Are you able to explain your ideas to others with clarity and confidence?
- Use only accurate language How to define the exact meaning of your key ideas
- How to distinguish between "being critical" and "being negative"
- The importance of talking about what you want rather than want you don’t want
- Develop the art asking the right questions and of listening carefully to the answers
Personal development training - Day One - PM
The next principle of personal development: Conflict and assertiveness
Assertiveness and proper conflict management training
Conflict is inevitable and therefore you must be able to handle it:
- Do you handle conflict situations well?
- Or do you sometimes lose your cool?
- Or do you sometimes lose your nerve?
- Or do you sometime avoid the conflict and run away?
Remember that conflict can be beneficial if it is well managed. Conflict can be destructive if it is not well managed?
How should you manage conflict situations? By using a rational approach; use the proper principles:
The proper conflict management principles require that you: -
- Always protect their "self-concept"
- Tell them precisely what is wrong
- Suggest a logical way out of the conflict situation
- Be objective and specific, not emotional or judgemental
- Distinguish reasons from excuses
- Give concessions to reasons.
- Give no concessions to excuses
- Know when to negotiate and when not to
Practice the method with the trainer.
Very interesting, some methods/ techniques will be used in the future. The booklet will be useful for revision. The trainer's presentation: Excellent, good time keeping and kept all focused throughout. Frequent change in activities and relevant examples were great.
Personal Development Training - Day Two - AM
Time management and Positive mental attitude
Time management training is about getting the most valuable work done in the least amount of time.
- Don't waste your time
- Operate according to a plan, not your mood
- Keep asking 'What is the most valuable use of my time, right now?'
In order to prioritise properly; Use "Deadline pressure" and "value" as the key indicators.
- Q1 Crisis - High value, high deadline pressure
- Q2 Productive - High value, not deadline driven
- Q3 Busy - Low value, but deadline driven
- Q4 Fruitless - Low value, not deadline driven
Your worst enemy: the busy, but non-productive day.
Distinguish "Busy work" from "Productive work"
Have you ever had a busy but non-productive day?
Beat the time wasters - there are three major categories of time wasters:
- Some other people you work with waste your time
- Your own bad habits waste your time
- Poor or non-existent management systems waste your time.
How to delegate your lower value tasks
Delegate as much lower value work as you are able.
Prioritise your task list
How to prioritise your task list - prioritise tasks according to their value.
Manage your priorities by means of a decision matrix.
- Priority order decision matrix
- Yes or no? Decision
- Which one / what kind decision
Keep repeating the question: What is the most valuable use of my time, right now?
How to manage Interruptions: The 80/20 principle
- How to get the maximum value in the minimum time without causing offence to the listener?
- The Pareto time management principle states that 80% of the value comes from 20% of the causes
- 80% of the value of the interruption will be in 20% or less of what they say
- Manage the interruption using the "Pareto question"
Personal development training – Day Two - PM
Manage your emotions
Your actions are controlled by two things:
- What you think
- How you feel
How you feel will affect how you act and therefore the results you are able to create. Put simply:
- A person with a positive attitude tends to create good results
- A person without a positive attitude tends not to create good results
- A person with a bad attitude tends to create bad results
Therefore it is important to be able to create and sustain a "Positive Mental Attitude"
Develop a Positive mental attitude. How it works:
A positive attitude works for you like this:
- Positive thoughts and beliefs together, cause positive feelings, such as confidence and desire.
- Positive feelings, confidence and desire cause your actions to be progressive and goal orientated.
- Your progressive and goal orientated actions tend to create progressively better results.
- Your progressively better results trigger the next set of positive thoughts and beliefs.
- The next set of positive thoughts and beliefs together, cause more intense feelings of confidence and high ambition.
- And so on forever.
Positive mental attitude techniques
Manage your own mind. (Do not allow your thoughts or language to be become destructive)
Learn the EDISON success formula
The success formula is a description and prescription for all successful, goal directed action, composed of only five parts:
- Decide your goal- Know your outcome
- Formulate your best plan- in writing
- Take decisive action – don’t wait.
- Gather and evaluate the feedback. Both the positive and the negative
- Use the negative feedback to make progress by continually adapting and evolving
Recognise that the success formula is a continuous process
Avoid the opposite: Failure formula
Failure is the opposite formula
- Have no goals- suffer from indecision or unclear targets
- No written plan - wing it
- Procrastination – put it off
- Become disheartened in the face of setbacks and disappointments
- Stand still. Do the same thing this year as you did last year
Learn the value of "Critical feedback"
- The role of criticism in success: all success will demand that you learn how to handle setbacks defeat and criticism.
- Two forms of feedback. Constructive and destructive
How will this training help you to get the best from yourself and others?
Summary / action planning / close
The Training Method
The training method follows this general pattern - the training is very interactive and interesting:
- The trainer gives a clear explanation of the point in question with specific examples.
- Then, the delegates practice by doing an exercise with each other.
- The delegates practice by doing exercise with the trainer.
- All points are supported with full written notes to take away.
- Delegates are asked to write down an associated action, for each point made.
- (At the end of the day, we have about twenty such actions, from which the delegates choose six which are the most personally meaningful).
Note: we do not believe in placing people in any situation of embarrassment by demanding that they 'perform' in front of the whole group. So you can relax: come on this course and be at ease; ready to learn new skills!
Training course content: Covered all area of leadership/management. Expanded on previous training under this topic. Good sized print on handouts. Trainer’s presentation: Good presentation. Involvement in scenarios was good-didn't make you do anything you didn't want. Lots of experience from trainer.
Price for open training course
You are able to book this course online today.
The open training course costs only £800 +VAT per delegate . For this price we provide:
- Full days quality training
- Tea, coffee and cakes
- Full colour course notes
- Written action plan
- Access to the Post Course Portal:
- Audio download of 'The Effective Leader Manager' programme
- Access to DVD downloadable training courses:
- Conflict Management
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Interview Skills
- Accelerated Learning
- Free eBook 'The Effective Leader Manager'
- Free training needs analysis, with personalised development action plan based upon results
Plus 3 months free telephone coaching
To answer any on-going questions, you will also receive email and telephone support from your trainer after you have attended the course. Whilst you are implementing what you have learned we will be there to help you if you need us for advice, guidance and coaching.
Price for in house training course
In House Course: from £1,600 +VAT per day for up to 15 delegates
Please call us on 01452 856091 to discuss your requirements for the in house training course.
If you want to know more about any Management Training Course or their suitability for you or a colleague call us on +44 01452 856091.