Posted 07 March 2012 by Chris Farmer
Personal Development Courses
We offer both:
• Bespoke in-house training.These can be tailored to your specific needs.
• Open training courses at locations near you.
Effective leadership and management
All professional organisations need effective leadership and management.
All effective leader-managers display six key attributes:
Here are the essential six attributes of leadership:
- Goal focus
- Accurate language
- Excellent planning skills
- The ability to handle difficult personalities and performance issues
- The ability to create and sustain good levels of self-confidence and optimism for the future
- The ability to inspire others to share your feelings of self-confidence and optimism for the future
How are you doing on these six qualities?
To discover the truth please score you, out of ten, for each of the following questions:
- 10 = excellent
- 01= terrible
1. Goal focus
The ability to create a clear and distinct goal focus
To what degree are you a goal focused individual? Do you act always to achieve a long range objective, or are your actions a reaction to what other people do?
2. Accurate language
Excellent communication skills: to what degree are you able to explain your thinking so that others always understand your message: or do you suffer with frequent instances of people misunderstanding what you said (or wrote).
3. Excellent planning skills
Planning and problem solving skills. To what degree are you a good analytical and creative problem solver and detailed planner? Do you solve problems faster than you get them or do problems seem to proliferate faster than you can solve them?
4. The ability to handle difficult personalities and performance issues
Do you have a good ability to handle conflict and difficult personalities. To what degree are you able to manage the "difficult personalities" that are present in your organisation? Or are there certain individuals who are able to wind you up?
5. The ability to create and sustain good levels of self-confidence and optimism for the future
Self-management (sufficient self-confidence, courage and emotional strength).
To what degree is your mental and emotional strength in your own hands?
Or do you feel that your mood and emotions are governed by the external events that are beyond your control?
6. The ability to inspire others to share your feelings of self-confidence and optimism for the future
The ability to inspire the best efforts of others.
To what degree are you able to consciously affect the emotions of others towards the positive: i.e. to inspire and motivate others to take action towards the goal? Or is your motivational method based on fear and threats?
Our suggested plan of action for you:
- Develop more of a sense of goal focus
- Work on developing accurate language
- Build on your planning skills
- Work out how you are going to handle the difficult personalities in your team and any poor performance issues
- Develop more ability to create and sustain good levels of self-confidence and optimism for the future
- Use all your abilities to inspire others to share your feelings of self-confidence and optimism for the future
If you want any help with any of these issues please do come on the course............
For more information about leadership and management training visit the Corporate Coach Group website