What is Stress Management Training?
Some stress is good is good for you; but too much stress is bad for you. The inability to manage stress can mean you may become sick: you may feel overwhelmed even under moderate stress conditions.
You need to know how to do three things:
- How to recognise stress in yourself and others
- How to make stress work for you: not against you.
- How to manage your mind, body and spirit, to absorb the various stressors and make stress a positive factor, rather than a toxic mix.
One Day In House Course: from £1,500 +VAT per day for up to 15 delegates
We currently offer open courses in: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Heathrow, Central London, Bristol and Nottingham.
Please note all our training courses include three months additional FREE telephone coaching.
Take our training needs analysis questionnaire to see if this course is suitable for you
About the Course
Because stress can be a stimulant to adaptive change.
- Lifting weights is a stressor that induces an increase in strength.
- An exam is a stress that induces more studying.
- A stress action creates an equal adaptive reaction
So stress is good. - So why the negative press over stress?
Because too much stress can be bad
The inability to handle stress can mean the person is ineffectual even under moderate conditions.
So you should learn how to do three things
- How to make stress work for you: as a stimulant to adaptive change.
- How to avoid an overexposure to negative stress.
- How to manage your mind, body and spirit, to absorb the various stressors and make stress a tonic, rather than a toxic mix.
Good content. The trainer's presentation: Good, friendly style, well paced.
Stress Management Training Course Content
Learn the definition of stress:
A stress is a mental, emotional or material event that triggers an adaptive response in a person.
Learn about the "The General Adaptation Syndrome"
"The General Adaptation Syndrome” is the theory that underpins the whole science of stress management.
The general adaptation syndrome is a three part model that explains the body’s reaction to a stressor.
- Alarm reaction
- Adaptation response
Learn about the "The total load" principle
Total load is the measure of all the stressors, from all realms of your life, which are acting on you at any given moment.
- Work stress
- Home life stress
- Relationships etc.
You need to take account of the fact that you are an integrated being: not able to totally separate your life’s compartments. I.e. work stress is likely to affect home life, and vice versa.
Learn about the "The optimum zone" principle
The optimum zone is the target zone.
The optimum zone is the level of stress that allows you to work at your greatest efficiency because you are balancing the:
- Intensity of the stress
- The duration of the stress
- The frequency of the stress
Understand the "The optimum zone" and you will have one of the solutions to the stress management problem.
Learn about "The Recovery ability
Your recovery ability is a measure of your resilience to stress.
Recovery ability is made up of three parts:
- Your psychology
- Your physiology
- Your environment
Learn about additional solutions to stress management.
- How to handle the stressor's that form a part of your work life.
- How to handle your physical response during stressful times.
- How to handle your emotional response during stressful times.
How can you manage things so that stress works for the team as a stimulant to greater productivity?
Summary and personal action plan
Price for open training course
- Full days quality training
- Tea, coffee and cakes
- Full colour course notes
- Written action plan
- Access to the Post Course Portal:
- Audio download of 'The Effective Leader Manager' programme
- Access to DVD downloadable training courses:
- Conflict Management
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Interview Skills
- Accelerated Learning
- Free eBook 'The Effective Leader Manager'
- Free training needs analysis, with personalised development action plan based upon results
Plus 3 months free telephone coaching
To answer any on-going questions, you will also receive email and telephone support from your trainer after you have attended the course. Whilst you are implementing what you have learned we will be there to help you if you need us for advice, guidance and coaching.
Price for in house training course
Please call us on 01452 856091 to discuss your requirements for the in house training course.
If you want to know more about any Management Training Course or their suitability for you or a colleague call us on +44 01452 856091.