What is Accelerated Learning Training?
Accelerated learning is a special way of learning and teaching that allows you to both:
- Memorise and recall, more information, more easily; or
- Teach information to other people, in a manner such that they will better understand, remember and be able to use it later.
You will learn how to do this, by learning two major skills - Memory skills: absorbing, retaining and recalling new information.
Mental mapping skills: organising your message so that it is more systematic, structured and well organised.
One Day Open Course:
£375 +VAT per delegate
In House Course: from £1,500 +VAT per day for up to 15 delegates
We currently offer open courses in: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Heathrow, Central London, Bristol and Nottingham.
Please note all our training courses include three months additional FREE telephone coaching.
Take our training needs analysis questionnaire to see if this course is suitable for you
About the Course
Accelerated learning is a method of learning and teaching that will allow you to either:
- Absorb and retain into your own mind, more information, more efficiently; or
- To be able to better preesnt your own information to OTHER people, so that they will find you message more interesting, convincing, and memorable.
You will learn how to do this, by learning two major skills
- Memory skills
- Mental mapping skills
Memory skills are concerned with absorbing, retaining and recalling new information, more rapidly and with more accuracy.
Mental Mapping Skills
Mental mapping skills are concerned with organising your thoughts (or your message) so that it is more systematic, structured, and well organised.
Well-organised information is much more convincing and memorable than the same information that is preneted in a disorganised manner.
Who should attend the Accelerated Learning course?
If you need to:
- Retain and recall large amounts of information.
- Present large amounts of information to others.
- Present complex information to others.
- Organise information into a form that is convincing, interesting and memorable.
- If you have to analyse problems to identify their probable causes and thus create systematic plans of action.
- If you have trouble with the sheer volume of information that you have to remember.
- If you want to speak to groups without referring to written notes.
- If you want to remember what you have read.
- If you want to remember people’s names, when you meet them for the first time.
- If you want to better express your ideas in a more structured form.
- If you want to be able to make sense of other peoples disorganised ideas
- If you want to impose some order on chaos.
If any, or all, of these statements apply to you: then you would benefit from attending the course.
Accelerated Learning Course Content
Accelerated Learning - Session One - AM
Memory = Mnemonics
A Key distinction
There are three levels of learning:
- Understanding - Do you understand the material?
- Communication - Are you able to explain it to another in spoken and/or written form?
- Action - Do you put your learning into practice - or not?
Our model for memory: R.A.I.S.E.
- R - Recall curve
- A - Association
- I - Imagination
- S - Structure
- E - Energy
Repetition is the mother of skill - does information go 'in one ear and out the other'? Or does information stick in the mind?
Memory can be seen as: The art of associating what you NEED to know, to what you ALREADY know.
The art of using your imagination as the GLUE which permanently bonds the information to your brain.
The need to impose order on chaos.
The capacity to do work!
The art of visual ICONS
We all think in pictures - a large part of the memory is visual. The creation of visual images.
Creating other icons
Slogans and catch phrases. Physical actions can aid the memory recall.
The method of number rhyme
Explanation, demonstration and practice.
To test the ideas in practice.
Summary of AM Session.
Accelerated Learning - Session Two - PM
Structure = Mapping
Key point: Nature loves branching structures
So structure your message. Structure it like a tree.
Key point: Knowledge is (or should be) hierarchical
- Fundamental ideas
- Major themes
- Minor themes
Mental Mapping gives you the needed structure
Three kinds of mental mapping
- Questioning type - drawing knowledge out by asking questions.
- Categorical type - organising knowledge into a usable form.
- Creative type - problem solving.
For you to learn by doing.
Method for clear thinking, speech, and writing
How mapping will improve your writing skills.
Media for mental mapping
On paper, on computer, with words, with pictures.
For you to learn by doing.
Action planning and close
The Training Method
The training method follows this general pattern - the training is very interactive and interesting:
- The trainer gives a clear explanation of the point in question with specific examples.
- Then, the delegates practice by doing an exercise with each other.
- The delegates practice by doing exercise with the trainer.
- All points are supported with full written notes to take away.
- Delegates are asked to write down an associated action, for each point made.
- (At the end of the day, we have about twenty such actions, from which the delegates choose six which are the most personally meaningful).
Note: we do not believe in placing people in any situation of embarrassment by demanding that they 'perform' in front of the whole group. So you can relax: come on this course and be at ease; ready to learn new skills!
Enjoyed role play to establish some of the practices. The trainer's presentation: Excellent course.
Price for open training course
You are able to book this course online today.
The open training course costs only £375 +VAT per delegate . For this price we provide:
- Full days quality training
- Tea, coffee and cakes
- Full colour course notes
- Written action plan
- Access to the Post Course Portal:
- Audio download of 'The Effective Leader Manager' programme
- Access to DVD downloadable training courses:
- Conflict Management
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Interview Skills
- Accelerated Learning
- Free eBook 'The Effective Leader Manager'
- Free training needs analysis, with personalised development action plan based upon results
Plus 3 months free telephone coaching
To answer any on-going questions, you will also receive email and telephone support from your trainer after you have attended the course. Whilst you are implementing what you have learned we will be there to help you if you need us for advice, guidance and coaching.
Price for in house training course
Please call us on 01452 856091 to discuss your requirements for the in house training course.
If you want to know more about any Management Training Course or their suitability for you or a colleague call us on +44 01452 856091.